Monday, December 8, 2008

I've been busy not doing what I need to be doing


I was asked by a coworker to make some coasters for her to give as gifts this Christmas. I got those made and then picked up some thread and started making doilies. I haven't made a doily in YEARS and now I made two this week. These were the reason I wanted to learn to crochet all those years ago.
This one is the same pattern I used for the coasters and then just kept making it a little bigger . It actually started out as a joke because one of our doctors purchased a file cabinet that I said looked like something that would go in a bedroom and his birthday was last week so I said I was going to "whip up" a doily to put on it. Then came this one because I looked ahead in the calendar. Both patterns came from the Crochet Pattern a Day Calendar for this year. I managed to get the finished photo just as the camera battery decided it had just about had enough.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

The doily is beautiful.