Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Box-O-Junk from Aunt Jo's Corner Has Arrived


Here it is the box that caused the happy dance in the post office.













I carefully opened it and this is just some of what I found inside.





There was a card with my name on it and then out came a ball of wool yarn, then I saw it. THE BAG. The very one I remembered thinking would make a great bag to take to the Farmer's Market not far from my office. I pulled it out and there was another ball of yarn.















Now let me tell you, I was really excited to see that bag and then I pulled it from the box and it exploded with goodies!
I snagged this picture from Aunt Jo because my camera is on the fritz and only works on a part time basis. There is a flour sack and some knitting needles and some fabric and some aida cloth and some embroidery thread and a thimble and a seam gauge and a knitting book and a pattern for a bag and a quilt square with a star and some buttons and some seam tape and some yo-yo's and some ribbon and some lace and some embroidery patterns and some needle point covers and I just keep finding things...


People, I'm telling you, I don't know how she got all of this fun stuff in one box. It was like Christmas! I have so many things just from that little box that I can bring here to the desk at night to work on and I am excited to get started on it. I will show you what I come up with as I come up with it. It just goes to show you, one person's junk really can be another person's treasure.

This is Thankful Thursday over at Aunt Jo's Corner.

I am thankful for Aunt Jo and her kindness.

4 comments:

Annie said...

That Aunt Jo is certainly a sweetie. Your Box o' Junk is to die for! I've been as eager to see pics as you have been to get it! Lucky girl!

Aunt Jo said...

I hope you'll enjoy your box-o-junk. Isn't that black and green yard just horrible? I have more if you want it.

Aunt Jo said...

Uh, that would be yarn. A black and green yard would be normal. Sort of. If you burned it off. I think I'm done now.:)

Amanda Jean said...

what a fun box of goodies to receive.