Monday, June 23, 2008

It REALLY is SO easy!






About 30 years ago, I used to watch my friend Nancy make these pot holders. I was just learning to crochet and she made this look so easy. She would tell me "it's so easy". Well maybe for her it was so easy but my brain kept saying that looks sooooo hard.

Friday I was doing my daily blog reading and she was talking about working on some potholders. I followed the links and saw the picture of the ones Nancy used to make. I proceeded to print off the pattern and last night sat down and decided I was going to try it out. I didn't read through the pattern, I just started making it. In a few minutes it was like a light bulb came one and out loud I heard myself say it - this is so easy.


Why did I never try this before? I am always looking for a potholder. I have 3 but they always seem to be hiding from me. In just a few minutes, I had 2 more using up some of the yarn I bought to make the cup holders that I am now bored with.





1 comment:

Aunt Jo said...

Very cool!

I wish I could crochet. I taught myself to knit, but crochet escapes me.