Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm not a quilter - I am a crafter

Today it sunk in. I'm not a quilter. I have made 2 quilts in my life, and they were both made over 25 years ago with lots of help. I love quilts and I would love to make quilts. Someday I will actually finish some and maybe all of the quilts I have started. For now, I will continue to read about quilts in books and blogs and collect fabrics and dream of what mine will look like.

This morning when I was looking for something to bring with me to work and looked through drawers and bags of fabric, I just got overwhelmed with frustration. I am forever starting something and not finishing it. I have GREAT ideas but I don't follow through with them. That's enough beating myself up. I think maybe every crafter has these feelings at some point.

I have been giving a lot of thought to what I want to provide for the Fall into Fall Quilters Blog Giveaway and I have decided what it will be. I hope you will join us. I have spent today reading blogs of the other participants and there is going to be a wide variety of prizes. I am really excited to be part of this.

No comments: