Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Here we go starting something new again

I finally found the little paper pieces to do the Grandmother's Flower Garden. I know I could have traced and cut from the patterns I've seen but I also knew some kind person had a company that would do that for me. After looking all over town for them, I called my quilt shop. The one where I took my class. I told the lady what I was looking for and she told me they didn't have anything like that. I stopped by the quilt shop by my house yesterday and told the lady there what I was looking for and she told me they didn't have them. I asked if she knew where I might find them because I was striking out. She told me the name of "my" quilt shop. When I told her I had checked with them already and the lady told me she didn't have them she laughed. She told me she buys them there all the time. OK.

I came in to work, thought about it a minute and called my quilt shop. Yes, she knew exactly what I wanted and they sure do have them she uses them all the time.

Guess where I went between jobs today? My new toys are spread out here all over my desk waiting on me to get started on making something pretty.

Wish me luck!


2 comments:

Aunt Jo said...

Yay! I know you'll do fine. I can't wait to see your first little hexagon.

Danetta said...

I made and put 4 together tonight! I need to get a camera so I can show my progress.

I was wrong about the size of the squares I cut though and I am having to cut away too much material so I may go back and get some bigger ones for these squares and use something else for the smaller ones.

This one may only be a coaster but it is going to be something finished!