Saturday, January 19, 2008

All 9 weeks of the quilt a long

are now cut out in little pieces waiting on me to put them back together. I suppose since I knew what all of the pieces were going to be, I should have cut all of one size at a time but NOOOOO I didn't think of that. Instead, I cut them out one week's block at a time and it took me what seems like forever but really it wasn't and now it is done.

As I was cutting yesterday, I realized that the blocks from the directions on the quilt a long
all had a light background fabric. The fabrics I had were prints and solids. I stressed out a little bit and then went to a white on white piece I bought last week and got it in the washer and dryer to use. I must have thought about this all night long. I was wide awake at 6:00 AM on a Saturday off wanting to get started on this.

I look at the white on white (which I really like but it is a HUGE piece and I hated to cut it up) and then I remembered. There is a flickr group for this quilt a long so I went to see what some of the others look like. Beautiful blocks are being made and I decided to stick with what I had on hand. At least until I decided I wanted to add another dimension to the colors and headed off to see if I could find a good deal on some green fabric. I picked some out, looked at the pretty one I wanted to buy but didn't, put the green back and left without buying it (but I did buy a couple of other pieces that I looked at last week and didn't buy, it's ok they were REALLY on sale this week). I headed back home and finished cutting. I do wish I had the green and now I want to go back and get it. I must be nuts.

Did you notice I figured out how to put the link on here all by myself? Linda has helped me so much with getting this blog started. I really appreciate all of the help from everyone. At least if it works I did...

I'll get the hang of it someday.

No comments: