Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Making Progess on the Spare Change

While most people just enjoyed a nice long break, I worked all but Christmas Day and on top of that I got a bad cold that decided to circle around and visit me again. I took the day off yesterday to recuperate a little and decided I could do a little of this while I was just hanging around the house.
I put together 5 of the "flowers" of the Spare Change quilt. I am using 2" hexagons.
Each flower is almost the size of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper and I have 28 of them.
I was wondering last night how it would look to make it reversible by putting 1/2 on the front and 1/2 on the back. I don't want to make something so big that I won't want to finish it but I do want to use all of the swap pieces.
I am really pleased that there was only one duplicate square in the whole bunch I was sent. It will be kind of fun to place those in a way to make me look for it.
I'm looking forward to putting more together tonight at work. I have enough of the hexagons to put together about 14 of the flowers ready so I best get busy on it.



3 comments:

Katherine said...

I love hexagon piecing and yours is so beautiful. It certainly looks like a lot of work. Hats off to you!

JLynnette (Aunt Jo) said...

How pretty! I hope you're feeling better.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Oh These are just so lovely. I wish I had more time to devote to my hexagons. My daughter and son-in-law live in Tulsa. He's in law school there. Starving students!